Business Development Manager
ARE YOU THE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER THAT’S GOING TO HELP DRIVE CARVE’S NEXT LEVEL OF GROWTH?
We help our clients connect in new and powerful ways with the people they rely on for success – employees, customers, shareholders and influencers.
We’re at the cutting edge of this dynamic industry. And we’re collaborating with world-leading clients to solve problems and get results.
A decade at the forefront of social means we know what really creates value, what doesn’t and what’s next.
Working at Carve
Working @Carve means being part of a close-knit international team, based in our beautiful waterfront warehouse offices in Wapping, Central London. The work we do is exciting, forward thinking and visible.
Carve is in demand, and it’s an exciting time to join the growing team. We continue to work with renowned organisations in diverse sectors to achieve powerful social strategies, activations and insights.
Our curiosity creates original thinking, high energy brainstorms, purposeful creative outputs and the inspired use of social technology. Our clients’ commercial and strategic interests are always front of mind. This means we produce high-profile, high-value, impactful work that is recognised on a global stage.
As a Carver, you’ll enjoy some great benefits too: a competitive salary, regular company events including our renowned Christmas and Summer parties, and a dynamic, supportive working environment. From creative to strategy, from analytics to conceptual copywriting, from harnessing new social technology to nurturing client relationships, #LifeAtCarve provides the perfect opportunity to play an important part in driving our story forward.
Business Development Manager
As our Business Development Manager, you’ll be pivotal to accelerating the growth of Carve.
You’ll own and drive our revenue development activity. And as part of this, you’ll lead follow-up, manage pipeline, responses to RFPs and wholly own the sales process. You’ll possess real commercial acumen and create opportunities to sign large, profitable contracts with new customers. All whilst driving accountability for existing client development.
You’ll be proactive, ambitious and driven. And you’ll be willing to:
Connect: take on an ambassadorial role for Carve; connect with future clients and move people along on our ‘Cold, Contacts, Friends & Advocates’ approach
Create opportunities: for Carve, for our clients, for partnerships, for the wider communities in which we work
Be front-facing: develop strong relationships with clients, using a consultative, solution-selling approach
Along the way, we’d like you to:
Articulate: amplify the voice of Carve: our vision, brand, approach, capabilities and solutions
Enhance: target revenue increases, and help build a culture where everyone has a sense of profitability, efficiency and accountability
Drive: lead and strengthen those responsible for land & expand revenue development
What’s in it for you?
Working @Carve means being part of a close-knit international team, based in our beautiful waterfront warehouse offices in Wapping, Central London. You’ll enjoy some great benefits too: a competitive salary, bonus scheme, regular company events (organised fun!), and work in a dynamic environment where we collaborate, learn, and celebrate our successes along the way.
Our ideal candidate will:
- possess 5 years’ post graduate business experience – ideally in a business development role with a consultative or solution sales background – or alternatively in account management or similar
- be highly resourceful and enterprising, able to work independently and still be very much part of Carve’s strong team ethos
- be a clear, influential communicator with excellent listening & presentation skills; build and maintain trusted and collaborate relationships with both the Carve team and prospects; great at stakeholder management
- be organised and follow a systemised sales & opportunity management process, using Carve’s CRM system
- possess real emotional intelligence; curious, willing to learn; adaptable
- be interested in future of tech, talent, digital etc; excited about what Carve does
- not necessarily come from an agency background – professional services would be an advantage
- be willing to travel internationally
And do you want to explore being part of Carve? If so, please send a cover letter outlining why the role excites you, what makes you a good fit, what you’d bring to the role and to Carve, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting #BDM19. We’d love to hear from you.